Hanna-Maija Huhtala, postdoctoral researcher, University of Oulu.
The dissertation “Reason, Autonomy and Morality: Perspectives of Adorno” examines educationally central concepts of reason, morality and autonomy. Drawing on Adorno’s critical theory the dissertation aims to clarify and reconceptualise these terms and their mutual relations in the philosophy of education. (PhD supervised by Katariina Holma.)
Recent research activities:
- 2017-2019. Chair of the History and Philosophy of Education Network (Special Interest Group of the Finnish Educational Research Association).
- Member of the NOS-HS Workshops 2017-2018 Educating Humanity. Rethinking ethical -political education (Bildung) Three collaborative workshops: 1. Bildung in contemporary societies. Oslo. 2. Imaginary practices. Copenhagen 3. Beyond the Nordic model. Helsinki. The Joint Committee for Nordic research councils in the Humanities and Social Sciences (NOS- HS).
List of publications:
- Huhtala, H-M. (2016) Finding educational insights in psychoanalytic theory with Marcuse and Adorno, Journal of Philosophy of Education. Volume 50, Issue 4, November 2016, Pages 689–704.
- Huhtala, H-M. & Giacchetti Ludovisi, S. (2015) Subjectivity and Identity in Adorno in Identity and Values. Newcastle upon Tyne: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Holma, K. & Huhtala, H-M. (2014) ”The Psychological and the Political in the Concept of Autonomy: Adorno’s Critique of Kant Revisited” in Philosophy of Education: The yearbook 2014. Urbana, IL: Philosophy of Education Society
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +358-40-171-1980